Daniel Orlansky, MA, E-RYT-500, a yoga teacher since 1992, is the director of Boston University’s first ever yoga teacher training. Originator of Meridian Yoga, he is also certified in Kali Ray TriYoga and Kundalini Yoga. He holds a masters degree in Expressive Art Therapy/Dance Therapy from Lesley University and has been a visiting lecturer in movement studies at Tufts University. A graduate of the Boston Shiatsu School, Daniel teaches regularly at the Kripalu Center, the Omega Institute for Holistic Studies, and in Europe, and also directs 200- and 500-hour yoga teacher trainings worldwide. He has co-directed two yoga DVD’s: Hands-On Assists for Yoga Asana and Yoga and Vision Improvement.
The Power of Prana ~ Inner Fire, Outer Radiance
Drawing from Kundalini Yoga, Meridian Yoga, Kali Ray TriYoga, and Qi Gong, Yoga of Energy Flow is a unique and transformative yoga method that integrates strength and flexibility training (physical body), energy cultivation (subtle body), and open awareness (causal body). Yoga of Energy Flow contains simple but powerful ways to energetically open, increase and balance the flow of pranic energy throughout our body-mind.
Awakening the Inner Body of Light
Between you and God, between you the creation and the Creator, there is only one link, and that is the breath of life. ~ Yogi Bhajan
Pranayama is the control and expansion of life energy through various yogic breathing practices and inner locks. Kundalini Yoga, as taught by Yogi Bhajan, combines a strong pranayama practice with movements, asanas, deep relaxation and chanting meditations to awaken a great power within us, known as kundalini energy. From these practices you will experience physical rejuvenation, mental clarity, and a radiant spirit.
The Art of Energy Flow
Our health is dependent on the free flow of pranic life force in our mind, body, and soul.
When our meridian pathways are blocked, we experience emotional, physical and even spiritual malaise. But when these pathways are opened, prana – universal life force – flows though us, bringing harmony, lightness, and joy to our being, aligning us with heaven and earth, sun and moon, wind and sky.
Meridian Yoga artfully blends ancient and modern techniques that activate and balance the body’s meridian pathways, releasing blocked energy and bringing us into a profound connection with life.
• Yoga poses and partner assists for the 14 acupuncture meridians,improving the health and functioning of the associated organs
• PNF/Resistance Stretching, a modern stretching method, scientifically proven to be the most efficient and safest way to elongate muscles and increase range of motion
• Shiatsu and Thai Yoga massage techniques (work with acupuncture meridians using finger pressure) that complement the partner-assisted stretches, increasing the circulation of chi energy
• Breathing exercises (pranayama) to contact and activate prana.
• Simple Chi Kung sequences to open the energy channels