Vinyasa Yoga and Qigong: Flowing into Wholeness
February 7th-9th, 2020 ~ The Kripalu Center
Explore the Taoist concept of “effortless flow” through qigong exercises and then bring the same ease of motion into vinyasa yoga sequences. This program focuses on breathing exercises to enhance life energy, qigong practices to open the meridians, meditative flow in yoga sequences, and concentration techniques for mental clarity.
While yoga has its roots in the Vedic scriptures of India, qigong grew out of the Chinese Taoist pursuit of longevity. The movements in both forms are graceful and gentle, with powerful effects that detoxify the body as they increase strength, flexibility, and peace of mind.
You will learn:
• Breathing exercises to enhance life energy
• The Eight Brocades, Swimming Dragon, and other qigong practices to open the meridians
• Meditative flow in yoga asana
• Concentration techniques for mental clarity
• Suggestions for a simple and productive home practice.