Meridian Yoga: The Art of Energy Flow
Our health is dependent on the free flow of pranic life force in our mind, body, and soul.
When our meridian pathways are blocked, we experience emotional, physical and even spiritual malaise. But when these pathways are opened, prana – universal life force – flows though us, bringing harmony, lightness, and joy to our being, aligning us with heaven and earth, sun and moon, wind and sky.
Meridian Yoga artfully blends ancient and modern techniques that activate and balance the body’s meridian pathways, releasing blocked energy and bringing us into a profound connection with life.
• Yoga poses and partner assists for the 14 acupuncture meridians,improving the health and functioning of the associated organs
• PNF/Resistance Stretching, a modern stretching method, scientifically proven to be the most efficient and safest way to elongate muscles and increase range of motion
• Shiatsu and Thai Yoga massage techniques (work with acupuncture meridians using finger pressure) that complement the partner-assisted stretches, increasing the circulation of chi energy
• Breathing exercises (pranayama) to contact and activate prana.
• Simple Chi Kung sequences to open the energy channels
Daniel Orlansky, a Boston yoga teacher since 1992, is certified in Kali Ray TriYoga and Kundalini Yoga, and is the originator of Meridian Yoga. Daniel holds Boston, Massachusetts and Rhode Island yoga teacher trainings and teaches classes and workshops in Boston, Rhode Island, Germany, and Austria.
Daniel teaches regularly at the Kripalu Center, the Omega Institute for Holistic Studies He has co-directed two yoga DVD’s: Hands-On! Skillful Assists for Yoga Asana, and Yoga and Vision Improvement.